After nearly 30 years of piecemealing developmental ed. services to our
students, my institution, Des Moines Area Community College, appears to be
on the verge of adopting an integrated, intentional academic support
program. Having watched seven ad hoc developmental studies committees come
and go, I have to admit I'm still skeptical about the outcome of the
current effort, but maybe this time, Charlie Brown, she'll really hold the
football. So, here goes the kickoff run.

The administrator in charge of the effort has asked me to inquire if anyone
else has used a consultant to aid in establishing or revamping a
developmental studies program. If so, who did the work and how effective
was the individual?

Please send any responses to me by e-mail at [log in to unmask]
or by snail mail at

                        Des Moines Area Community College
                        2006 S. Ankeny Boulevard
                        Ankeny, IA  50021

Thanks in advance, and keep your fingers crossed for us!

                        Sue Wickham