Chris--in training our peer advisors and tutors we know that there are
topics that we must always address, however, we will try to focus on
different perspectives.  If our topic is managing groups, we might have
someone from the Education college work with us one year and someone from
Business the next year.  We will focus on the learning process from
different theoretical models: learning styles, student development, etc.
We do draw on the experience of returning student staff and have them
present specific areas of the training agenda.  They are also  assigned a
group of new peer advisors which they mentor.  We schedule lots of time for
collaborative work activities and role playing.  This year we used the
Meyers Briggs as one of our self-assessment  activities.

Socorro C. Vasquez
Univ. of AZ
University Learning Ctr.