>I don't know about the rest of you, but I am finding the amount of mail
>generated by LRNASST to be far too great.  I have it coming in to a Vax
>account set up exclusively for LRNASST mail, and I come back to check it
>periodically.  Every time I do, I find literally hundreds of messages
>waiting for me.  I then delete everything which, based on the subject name,
>is probably not of direct interest to me.  I hate doing that because I
>know people don't always use the right memo to reply on the right topic,
>and because an ongoing discussion that has strayed from the stated topic
>could in fact be interesting.  But I CAN'T read them ALL!
>
>Isn't it time to divide this Listserver into interest areas, perhaps based
>on the special interest groups that are common to both NADE and CRLA?
>
>- Jim Melko

I agree with Jim, that there is a lot happening in LRNASST, and it can be
at times be overwhelming.  I do, however,  enjoy the lively discussions we
have, so I tend to focus on those posts.  I just zap the ones I'm not
interested in.
If we divide LRNASST into categories (assuming we can agree on the
categories) such as  "general," "conferences," "digests/summaries," and
"position announcements" I suspect that Guillermo would become a VERY busy
fellow (as if he isn't now), because he'll have to do a lot more set up
(initially), maintenance, and monitoring.

My 11.4521 cents worth.
Ed