Georgine and Jim:  I agree that e-mail document management is getting
overwhelming.  I think that having subgroups is a good idea.  I am
not as interested in the tutoring info as I am other topics, so I let
my tutoring colleague look at those messages.  It would be helpful to
have those messages skip me altogether.  Maybe our system
administrator is reading this and has some ideas about splitting up
the listserv to more manageable units.  I now have the entire
listserv going into a folder for later perusal so that I can deal
with on-campus e-mail first, but maybe there is a way to split it
even more finely if we used an agreed-upon set of subject headings.