Here's a short reference for developmental educators that you might find
useful.  Boylan, Hunter, R., Bonham, Barbara, S., Jackson, James,
and Saxon, D. Patrick. " Staffing Patterns in Developmental
Education Programs:  Faculty Salaries, Tenure, Funding, and Class
Size".  Research in Developmental Education Volume 12, Issue 1, 1995.  If
you can't get a hold of it, just send me your address and I will mail you
a copy.  It is only four pages!

Jackie Simon
Rider University