    Hi Daniel,

    What a GREAT idea to start a club for tutors on your
    campus.  One of the few colleges doing that here in
    Southern California is Orange Coast College.  Shirley
    Bowen is the tutorial coordinator at Orange Coast and has
    a very successful tutor club on campus.  Unfortunately,
    she is not on Internet yet.  I'm sure she would have a lot
    of information to share with you if you phoned her at
    (714) 432-5559, or snail-mailed to her at Orange Coast
    College, 2701 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.

    A conference for tutors is another GREAT idea, much needed
    and much appreciated.  I hosted a conference for tutors at
    Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, California on April
    22 this year.  One hundred and thirty tutors attended from
    sixteen colleges and Universities.  It was an exciting and
    rewarding day.  Palomar college has committed to hosting
    it next year.  You might consider organizing one yourself.
    I have a manual put together by a colleague in San
    Francisco that makes the effort practically foolproof.
    Let me know if you would like a copy.

    Best of Luck in all your tutoring endeavors and
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

    Patti Weekes
    Learning Assistance Program Coordinator
    Saddleback College