The director of our writing center is planning on proposing a
course entitled Internship in Composition: Writing and Writing
Consultation in the Disciplines. As a part of the course the students
will serve as tutors in the writing center. He is taking his course
proposal to the academic committee on Thursday. We have a few
questions that hopefully can be answered by members of the learned
group. Do other colleges have similar course? What about transferring
this course, since we are a junior college and our students usually
transfer back to their home states? Please share any information you
have concerning tutoring and writing centers and peer tutors.