Something that I wish our builders had anticipated was an need for more
personnel as our center grew, and the need for office space to put them in. I
would tell the builders to allow extra offices for staff, even if there are
currently no staff members to put in them.  We are also always short of small
conference rooms for group study or testing purposes.  A staff all purpose or
break room as well as a lounge for students and tutors would also be nice. How
about a preview room for viewing and/or discussion of videos (we have machines
with headphones, but the discussion is a problem.) There are never enough
electrical outlets or data/phone jacks. A turnstile at the entryway would be
nice because then we might actually get students to log in for a change. Add
a secure drop box for after hours returns of materials.  Also some soundproofed
cubicles for adaptive equipment for students with disabilities. At least one
larger group meeting room (larger at least than the small group meeting rooms)
would make classes possible.

That's a start anyway.

Debbie Moeckel
Learning Skills Center