For those who are interested in how to contact Academic Systems for
information regarding the math software:

Academic Systems
444 Castro Street, Suite 1200
Mountain View, CA 94041
Tel. (415) 694-6850
Fax  (415) 694-6830
http://www.academic.com

They also offer a free paper called "Mediated Learning:  A New Model
of Technology-Mediated Instruction and Learning," available on request
and also on their web page.

Here are the topics that our college's package includes:

Fractions
Signed numbers
Real numbers and exponents
Polynomials
Equations and inequalities
Rational expressions
Graphing lines
Finding equations
Absolute value
Problem solving
Solving linear systems
Factoring
Radicals
Quadratic equations
Functions and graphing

I am collecting your other questions and hope to gather the answers
next week.  I will post all information to the listserv.

I hope you all are aware that this is not a personal endorsement, as
I have never taught with the software.  This is information I've
obtained from the brochures and from others in the department who have
used it.

Annette Gourgey