I'm piloting an on-line advanced writing class
via Email.  I ran it last winter with much success
although low enrollment (my college has a minimum
of twenty for classes to go).  Last spring it was
cancelled due to low enrollment.  I am set to
teach it again this January but just checked
my pre-enrollment figures and it looks like it
will cancel again.  I was expecting many more
since I've put a detailed description on my college's web
page, I've advertised in a local tech writing magazine,
I sent messages to previous students....

I'm stuck on how to get the
word out but convinced there are people out there
who could benefit from and would enjoy the course (those
enrolled the first quarter-- some with advanced
degrees, some just starting in business-- were
very happy with the class).

Any helpful hints on getting the word out?  I'm in
the San Francisco Bay Area, but of course anyone
anywhere can enroll...

Linda Lane
English Department
Foothill Community College