At Southern Maine Technical College, we have been using the NovaNET system
for eight years. It is an interaactive, online, computerized network of
tutorials that originated from the U of Illinois. It includes a database of
over 6000 lessons in all English, math, the natural, physical and social
sciences, foreign language, etc. The lessons range in level of difficulty
and audience from middle and high school through community college and
postgraduate courses.

We have used this system to supplement tutoring in our Learning Center. Our
students  have been so successful using NovaNET, that we are now offering
courses for college credit in Foundations of Math, Algebra and Trig. We also
provide non-credit courses in English, physics, biology and chemistry for
students who need to meet Admissions requirements for acceptance.

If anyone is interested, I will post phone number and www next time I sign on.

At 04:34 PM 12/6/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I am also interested in math software for Learning Centers, especially
>since we are just in the process of opening up one here at the University
>of Denver.  We've also are interested in programs which use on-line
>(World Wide Web) math assistance.
>
>Thanks for any information that anyone can provide.
>
>Ned

>Ned Muhovich                                         University of Denver
>[log in to unmask]                                      (303)871-2455

Gail Rowe, Coordinator, Learning Assistance
Southern Maine Technical College
2 Fort Road, South Portland, ME 04106