Dear LRNASST subscribers,

Barbara Heinssen and I are editors at St. Martin's Press, and we are
currently developing a series of reading textbooks. We have found the
information from this listserv to be extremely helpful -- and have enjoyed
the friendships we have made as a result.
We have a question for reading teachers. If you teach more than one level of
reading in the course of one academic year, do you make your adoption
decisions for each course based on the merits of individual books, rather
than on a series as a whole? Or would you prefer to use books from the same,
graduated series? If "yes," would you *not* choose a book unless you were
able to evaluate all the books in the series?

Please respond to either Barbara or me at our own e-mail addresses.

Thank you for your consideration.