Seasons Greetings!

I just had a chemistry professor approach me with a request for written
information on student processing and how to cultivate it.  He stated a
frustration with junior level chemistry students who will not "go deep
enough" into the information.  He claims that their learning is on the
superficial level and he does know how to get them to think more
analytically about the subject.  I should add that this individual has a
"rep" on campus as being a very difficult instructor.  Does anyone have
suggestions on resources I could direct him to that would address
pedagogical issues around the teaching of scientific courses.  I really
appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have!!

Linda Pappas
Academic Success Counselor
Creighton University
Brandeis 203