This reposting re/conference on teaching of English is from another listserve:

>Date:         Fri, 13 Dec 1996 07:19:08 -0500
>Sender: CCAC-L - Computer-Supported Communication Across the Curriculum
>From: Donna Reiss <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      English and the Electron: A Lively Conference in the Sunny South
>              (TYCA)
>Multiple posting--and please repost as appropriate:
>
>The Two-Year College Association-Southeastern Region of the National
>Council of Teachers of English will electrify Norfolk, Virginia, February
>20-22, 1997, with its annual conference on undergraduate English issues.
>This year's theme is
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>"English and the Electron"
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>{details on the Web at http://www.infi.net/tcc/tyca/97index.html}
>*  Featured speakers: Cindy Selfe, Sven Birkerts, Richard Bausch, Robert
>Bausch, and Lynn Troyka
>
>*  Hands-on computer sessions and demos of on-line English instruction and
>research
>
>*  Presentations, demonstrations, and conversations on a variety of issues
>related to teaching English to undergraduates, including:
>--"Tell Me a Story: Autobiography and the Student Writer"
>--"Please Don't Call Them Remote Students: A Practical Approach to Teaching
>Comp & Lit via Interactive Television"
>--"When We Focus on Protons and Neutrons: Exploring What's Missing at the
>Nuclear Center of Our Literature Classes"
>--"Rethinking Persuasion: Essays and Speeches for the 21st Century"
>--"Teaching Business Communications in the Electronic Classroom"
>--"Language Transfer Problems in Writing: ESL Errors That Linger"
>--"Using the Internet to Develop Inquiry-based Writing Assignments"
>--"Teaching English 101 as a Full Cultural Experience"
>--"Communication Power: Teaching the Oral Communication Course"
>--"Developing Teacher-researcher Programs with Two-year College Faculty:
>Building a Community of Scholars"
>
>*  Celebrations of Southern writers and artists
>
>* Postconference tours of Colonial Williamsburg or the Chrysler Museum of=
> Art
>
>* Accommodations at riverfront hotel and half an hour's drive to the
>Atlantic Ocean or Chesapeake Bay
>
>{details on the Web at http://www.infi.net/tcc/tyca/97index.html}
>1997 Conference Registration Form
>English and the Electron
>Two Year College English Association-Southeast
>February 20-22, 1997, Omni Waterside Hotel, Norfolk, Virginia
>
>To ensure hotel reservations, return enclosed envelope
>to Omni Waterside before January 28, 1997.
>Conference payment must be received by February 1, 1997 to avoid late=
> charge.
>No conference refunds will be given after February 1, 1997.
>
>Registration Fees
>
>Conference registration (includes luncheon)
>(1997 TYCA-SE membership #_________) $70   =3D $________ =20
>
>1997 TYCA membership $15
> [...]

Dr. Karen G. Smith, University Director     voice:908-932-1443
Learning Resource Centers                           fax:908-932-1453
College Avenue Campus                               email:[log in to unmask]
New Brunswick, NJ 08903