I use a very simple database program to track center usage.  Various
sorts let me predict
        * how many requests for tutor I am likely to get in a
particular semester for a particular course and how many tutors I will
need to meet that demand;
        * which departments and majors generate the most requests for tutors;
        * how many LD, ESL or other students requests I have for
particular courses or majors.

At the end of each semester, I enter the number of tutoring sessions
students receive in each of their courses and, for those who received 3
or more sessions, their final course grade.

I have tried scheduling programs but the initial data entry can be quite
time-consuming and I try to match students and tutors by much more specific
criteria than whether or not they have the same hour free.  I have
visited centers where tutors post their schedules and highlight the hours
they are willing to tutor; students simply fill in the blank spots.  Some
centers will limit students to one reservation per week but let them drop
in during unreserved hours as much as they would like.