Sharleen,

I am sure you will receive similar responses, but here is mine.
Even if "the boss" meant percentiles, that is still a very high
"performance level." The "normal" range of percentiles goes from a
high normal of 62.5 to a low normal of 38.5. This is the 50th
percentile plus or minus 12.5 percentiles points. The 75th percentile
implies a person is in the top 1/4 of his/her reference group. This
is the same as being above 68% on the normal Gaussen (bell-shaped)
Curve.

Another suggestion: at the end of each timed section have the
student draw a line and then (return to) finish that part of the test
untimed. This will give both a "speed" score, such as Jeopardy and a
power score. Also, it is often useful to determine the ratio of how
many items the student tried to how many he/she had correct in both
the timed and untimed efforts.

Perry