Greetings, all!

The dates for Winter Institute '97 are fast approaching  -- January 5 - 10.
We still have a few spaces available and will continue to accept
registrations until filled.  If you are interested in a great working
retreat focused, this year, on Teaching-Learning from the Faculty
Perspective, plan to join us in Tucson, AZ (it's relatively _warm_ here in
January!)

Bill McKeachie, U of Michigan,  is the keynote presenter on Monday morning.
He will be joined by mentor/presenters:

        Monday          Karen Smith -  Teaching Styles-Learning Styles
                                Rutgers University

        Tuesday          Brad Hughes -   Teaching-Learning:  Composition
                                U of Wisconsin-Madison

                                 Peter Kresan -Teaching-Learning:  Science
                                 U of Arizona

        Wednesday       David Arendale - Teaching-Learning:  Supplemental
Instruction
                                 U of Missouri - Kansas City

                Wed. afternoon -- our mid-week break!

        Thursday        David Caverly - Teaching-Learning: Reading
                                Southwest Texas University

                                Teaching-Learning:  Key Sites on Internet
                                WI Staff

        Friday --  Frank Christ - Teaching-Learning:  Next Steps
                        WI Co-Director

WI Mentor staff also includes:  Martha Maxwell, Gwyn Enright, Gene Kersteins
and Rick Sheets

For more information, contact me directly at:
        email: [log in to unmask]
        voice: 520-621-9363
        FAX: 520-621-7596
Sylvia Mioduski, Director
University Learning Center
Chemistry 214                        520-621-9363 (voice)
University of Arizona                520-621-7596 (FAX)
Tucson, AZ  85721                    [log in to unmask]