Look at http://tenb.mta.ca/phenom/phenom.html for the
enormously-interesting "No Significant Difference Phenomenon."  According
to this study of studies, in the long run the method of delivery doesn't
seem to matter. We educators will, of course, deny it, since it doesn't
fit our preconceptions or self-interest.

When fluoride was added to toothpaste, dentists had to learn to do things
besides filling teeth. They did, and they and we are the better for it.
When the electronic watch was developed, Swiss watchmakers refused to
sully their hands with the new "toys." They lost their business to Japan.
What will we educators do?

John M. Flanigan <[log in to unmask]>     The equation is the final arbiter.
Math Resource Instructor                            --Werner Heisenberg
Kapi'olani Community College            The scoreboard is the final arbiter.
Honolulu, Hawaii                                    --Bill Walton