       I will be teacing a course this fall at our community college for the
technical,vocational folks. It is designed for students to get basic skills
help in writing and reading that will directly be used in their
voctional/technical courses. The majority of the students will be from the
mechanical fields.
        My problem is finding a text that is written for adults and deal
with basic writing and reading skills. What do you know about that might
help me out?
I have used the Irwin publications "Career Reading Skills" and "Career
Writing Skills", but I am not pleased with them.I would apprecitate any
ideas you may have.