Hello Everyone,
First, I would like to say that I have a tremendous respect for all of the
professionals on this listserv.  I have been honored to be a part of this
exchange. The candid question and answer format has helped me succeed for the
past three years. I have also made some terrific contacts and new friends. I'm
not sure that what I am about to do is appropriate.  I haven't seen anyone
else do this on this list, but at the risk of doing something inappropriate, I
would like to announce that after June 30th, I will be resigning as Director
of Learning Support Services for Whittier College to become an educational
consultant.  If you know anyone recently hired at a small private college,
charged with creating a disabled student service, who needs some assistance, I
would be glad to help.  I created Whittier College's disabled student in
addition to general learning assistance program three years ago. As you can
imagine, I learned a great deal that could potentially save someone else a few
headaches!  For those of you who have successfully completed such a task, I
think you will agree that there are some unique challenges to face in the
small private college setting.  I will also be available to privately counsel
LD college bound high school seniors and LD college students in the Southern
California area.  If you know anyone who might be interested in these
services, please feel free to give them my information.  Thank you for your
indulgence and being my professional support system for the last three years!
I will miss you.

Gail Harris, M.A.
Educational Consultant
(562) 433-1046