I would like to have the publisher of Becoming a Master Student, if possible.  It was sent to me once, but I have misplaced the information.  I am interested in the training manual and tutor book, too.

I can be emailed at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Andrea Vicars

>>> Sue Lorraine Lavorata <[log in to unmask]> 08/04 2:00 PM >>>
The book Becoming a Master Student is not for tutors specifically, it
is for faculty to teach college freshman how to study etc.If you want
a copy, let me know and I will find out the publisher.

Prof Lavorata

> Sue, I would be interested in seeing a copy of your tutor training
> handbook.  I attended a workshop by Ross MacDonald regarding The Master
> Tutor last November and plan on implementing several of his ideas this fall.
>
> In advance, thank you for any insight you can provide.
>
> Andrea Mireles
> Hope College Upward Bound Program
> 263 College Avenue
> P.O. Box 9000
> Holland, MI  49422-9000
> (616) 395-7745
> FAX:  (616) 395-7453
> At 12:00 PM 7/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >I have been pulling together information since I started this job three years
> >ago.  We use The Master Tutor by Ross MacDonald, Becoming an Effective Tutor
> >by Linda B. Myers, Becoming a Master Student by Dave Ellis, and the tutor
> >training handbook that I have compiled which is really a collection of
> >tutoring tips from some of the veteran tutors on our team.  Would you like me
> >to mail you a copy?  I am not claiming that this is anything that is ready
> >for publication or anything but if you would like to see if there is anything
> >that you could glean from it I would be happy to send you one.  Just let me
> >know what your mailing address is.
> >
> >I can't remember if my phone number is on my e-mail or not but you may also
> >call me at 607-587-4125 if you would like to later this afternoon.

Sue Lorraine Lavorata
E-MAIL:  [log in to unmask]