To get the book "Becoming a Master Student", you can contact the
publisher who is Houghton Mifflin Co, NY. The book is written by Dave
Ellis. You can also call College Survival at 1-800-528-8323.
Supplemental texts are "Becoming a Critical Thinker" and "Career
Planning Supplement." the ISBN number of "Becoming a Master Student"
is 0-395-83054-0 for the student edition. The teacher edition (this
is the one I have) is ISBN 0-395-83056-7

I hope this helps.

Prof Lavorata

> I would like to have the publisher of Becoming a Master Student, if possible.  It was sent to me once, but I have misplaced the information.  I am interested in the training manual and tutor book, to>
> I can be emailed at [log in to unmask]
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea Vicars

> The book Becoming a Master Student is not for tutors specifically, it
> is for faculty to teach college freshman how to study etc.If you want
> a copy, let me know and I will find out the publisher.
>
> Prof Lavorata
>

> > Sue, I would be interested in seeing a copy of your tutor training
> > handbook.  I attended a workshop by Ross MacDonald regarding The Master
> > Tutor last November and plan on implementing several of his ideas this fall.
> >
> > In advance, thank you for any insight you can provide.
> >
> > Andrea Mireles
> > Hope College Upward Bound Program
> > 263 College Avenue
> > P.O. Box 9000
> > Holland, MI  49422-9000
> > (616) 395-7745
> > FAX:  (616) 395-7453
> > At 12:00 PM 7/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
> > >I have been pulling together information since I started this job three years
> > >ago.  We use The Master Tutor by Ross MacDonald, Becoming an Effective Tutor
> > >by Linda B. Myers, Becoming a Master Student by Dave Ellis, and the tutor
> > >training handbook that I have compiled which is really a collection of
> > >tutoring tips from some of the veteran tutors on our team.  Would you like me
> > >to mail you a copy?  I am not claiming that this is anything that is ready
> > >for publication or anything but if you would like to see if there is anything
> > >that you could glean from it I would be happy to send you one.  Just let me
> > >know what your mailing address is.
> > >
> > >I can't remember if my phone number is on my e-mail or not but you may also
> > >call me at 607-587-4125 if you would like to later this afternoon.
> > >

> Sue Lorraine Lavorata
> E-MAIL:  [log in to unmask]

Sue Lorraine Lavorata
E-MAIL:  [log in to unmask]