At 05:53 PM 8/6/97 EDT, you wrote:
>To get the book "Becoming a Master Student", you can contact the
>publisher who is Houghton Mifflin Co, NY. The book is written by Dave
>Ellis. You can also call College Survival at 1-800-528-8323.
>Supplemental texts are "Becoming a Critical Thinker" and "Career
>Planning Supplement." the ISBN number of "Becoming a Master Student"
>is 0-395-83054-0 for the student edition. The teacher edition (this
>is the one I have) is ISBN 0-395-83056-7
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>Prof Lavorata

By the way, if you contact the publishers directly, it is likely that they
will send you a complimentary copy and information about training sessions
-for facilitators- in various areas of USA. They also sell training videos
for instructors/facilitators and some of them could be -at least in part-
played to students as an intro. to a particular session.
As well, you should get a catalog from LinguiSystems
<http//www.linguisystems.com> and check out some of their products such as
125 ways to be a better student; 125 ways to be a better test taker; 125
ways to be a better listener; Study Skills; Help w/Study skills, etc. These
publishers  are mainly professionals from the field of education and
speech-therapy. Their material is clear, easy to use -you can to photocopy
some of the black masters- and the vocabulary /reading level is 'low' (but
not insulting) which allows the student to concentrate on the
skill/technique to be developed.
Good Hunting!

Catalina Colaci   <[log in to unmask]>
Coord.Learning Assistance Centre &
Support Services to Students with Disabilities
Yukon College
Whitehorse, Yukon   CANADA