The tutor training program we use at Southwest State is certified by CRLA
address: CRLA Tutor Certification,  Gladys Shaw, Coordinator, U.T. ElPaso,
Tutor and Learning Center, 300 Library, El Paso TX 79968.  The other
component which we draw from is the SI Program from Kansas City.
Instruction materials and classroom strategies are taken from a variety of
textbooks used over the years in our study skills courses.  The most
freguently used is the Master Student from College Survival Inc.  David
Ellis PO Box 8306 Rapid City, SD 57709.  Daniel Walther's Toolkit for
College Success has some good templates and graphic organizers which we use
often.  We distributed brochures to area schools, colleges and agencies to
advertise the course and conducted a summer session which was very
successful.  We are seeing numerous possiblilties for the course and new
tutoring services for the area as a result.  It is very exciting to watch
it develop.