The Midwest College Learning Center is proud to announce it's Fall 1997
Conference, Centering on Success, October 1-3, in Chicago, Illinois.

Featured speaker: Eleanor Johnston, "Unlocking our Brain Potential"
Dr. Johnston will speak on how our three brains--reptilian, limbic and
neocortex--interact, how they determine success or failure, how they
move us forward or cause us to retreat, and how we control our
decisions.  This is a participative, interactive session.

Concurrent sessions include: Reading, Retention, Writing, Tutoring
Programs, Supplemental Instruction, Assessment and many other
relevant topics (more on this in up-coming messages).......

Costs:
Pre-conference Institute, Wed 1:30-4:30                    $60.00
Conference Fee for Current MCLCA Member         $150.00
Conference Fee for Non-members                          $175.00
On-site registration                                                   $175.00
Institutional Registration (up to 5 names)                  $500.00
Fee for One Day Only                                          $95.00 per day
Student Rate                                                             $85.00
MCLCA Membership (1997-98)                                 $40.00

Pre-Conference: There are opportunities for both new and experienced
practitioners at this year's pre-conference strands, "Getting Started" or
"Getting Renewed".  Each strand will consist of either two or three short
sessions, led by MCLCA experts on the topics.  Both strands will come
together in a final community-building session providing networking
opportunities on the topic areas:

Strand 1: Getting Started
Data Collection and Records Management, Luanne Momenee
Self-Assessment, Susan Witkowski
Tutoring Training, Suzanne Swiderski

Strand 2: Getting Renewed
Preparing for publication, Martha Casazza and Karen Quinn, current
co-editors of "The Learning Assistance Review"
Top Ten Ways to Relax and Renew: Combat Compassion Fatigue,
S.S.Shiva Singh Khalsa

Conference hotel:
Holiday Inn Chicago City Centre
Hotel and Sports Center
300 East Ohio Street
Chicago, Ill
312-787-6100
Rates $119 Single, $129 Double

Mailings are on there way, (NADE, CRLA and MCLCA members should
receive theirs soon) but if you are not currently associated with MCLCA,
to register, Contact:
Pat Touchett
TARC
UW-Milwaukee
PO Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201
(414) 229-5233
Internet:[log in to unmask]

To join MCLCA contact our membership secretary:
Sue Witkowski
Alverno College
PO Box 343922
Milwaukee, WI 53234-3922
(414) 382-6027

For more information about the conference, including speakers and
sessions, hotel or other information contact:
Luanne Momenee
MCLCA Vice President and Conference Chair
University of Toledo
2801 W. Bancroft
Toledo, OH 43606-3390
(419) 530-3140