>I have taken on a new position as Tutor Coordinator in Wisconsin.  I am
>looking for information on the CRLA Conference scheduled for October.  How
>do I obtain this info.  Thanks!

Below is a copy of an earlier message from Vince Orlando, CRLA President.
Hope to see you all in Sacramento -- the conference will be terrific, as
usual.

Below is information on CRLA's 30th annual conference.  If you need further
information you should contact Kathy Carpenter whose address is below or you
may contact me at my email address:  [log in to unmask]

       FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR CONFERENCE WEB SITE AT:

                   http://www.mscd.edu/~crla/

              PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE INFORMATION
               CRLA's 1997 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
              October 22, 1997 - October 25, 1997

This is an overview of the upcoming CRLA conference provided to assist you in
your planning.  More information will be provided in the summer newsletter,
and a Call to Conference will be forwarded August 1, 1997 to all members.
Non-members who wish to receive a copy of the Call should forward their
address to Kathy Carpenter or Vincent Orlando.

                              Preregistration    On Site
                                  Deadline     Registration
                                  9/15/97

Conference fee for 1997 members     $100        $125
Conference fee for non-members      $150        $175
Conference fee full time student    $ 75        $100
Conference fee one day 1997 member  $ 75        $100
Conference fee one day non-1997 mem $100        $125
Conference fee one day f-t student  $ 60        $ 75
Pre conference institutes           $ 25/30 per institute

1998 membership includes one free SIG - - -      $40

*****
CONFERENCE HOTEL

Doubletree Hotel
2001 Point West Way
Sacramento CA  95815
$ 89 SINGLE/DOUBLE
$ 99 TRIPLE
$ 109 QUAD

*****
For more information, contact

Kathy Carpenter
1605 W. 40th
Kearney, NE   68847
(308) 236-7601

*******
KEYNOTE SPEAKER

Vincent Tinto, Professor of Education, Syracuse University.  Tinto is a
research and author on issues concerning student retention and the impact of
learning communities on student growth and attainment in higher education.
*****

LUNCHEON SPEAKER

Harold Scheider, American River College.  Scheider is an Emmy award winner
for comedic writing and is Director of the creative writing program at
American River College.
*****

FEATURED INSTITUTE PRESENTER

Robert (Robb) Sherfield, College of Southern Nevada.  Sherfield is an author,
teacher and authority on study strategies and first year orientation programs.
******

HONORED PARTICIPANT

Walter Pauk, Cornell University, Emeritus.  Pauk is the author of How to
Study in College, first through sixth editions, and a leading authority on
developmental education for over forty years.>

Dr. Karen G. Smith, University Director     voice: 732-932-1443
Learning Resource Centers                           fax: 732-932-1453
College Avenue Campus                               email: [log in to unmask]
Rutgers, State University of New Jersey
New Brunswick, NJ 08903

Visit the LRC website at <http://lrc.rutgers.edu>