I am very fortunate in that my school feels that the Learning Assistance
Center is the hub of student services and funds accordingly.  We use
mainly professional tutors and pay them $12.00/hr (which I feel is too
little).  Their motivation is student service rather than $$.  I have
had to deal with increasing minimum wage and to do that I am using work
study students (they are "free" to me cause the money comes from another
budget).  We also use some Carl Perkins funding for special populations
and vocational students and put the tutor on a split budget code--paying
X% from Carl Perkins and X% from regular budget.
Barbara Ice
Learning Assistance Center
Tomball College, Tomball, TX

You asked about creative budgeting.>