Help!  What do you do to encourage tutors to attend tutor meetings?  I try
to schedule them when most are free--usually around noon; they can bring
their lunches and sometimes I will have some "treats," but there are
always a few who cannot make it.  I have a fall tutor training workshop
for three hours before classes begin and have always had a good
attendance. However, some tutors don't make it to my monthly meetings
- soon to be twice a month-(am I a glutton for punishment).  They are paid
for the hours of meeting, but this does not seem to help.  If I make the
meetings required instead of highly encouraged, what do I do if they don't
attend?  We can't afford to let them go; we need them.  What do you do?

Thanks for your help.
Debbie

Debbie Kimberlin
Learning Center, EAB 117