At 04:34 PM 8/1/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Do your institutions have a policy regarding removal of low grades in courses
>for which a learning disability is later diagnosed (e.g. foreign language,
>math, etc.)?

Well, we don't have a policy for this particular problem, but if a student
wants a grade removed after the term ends, they need to petition the
Exceptions to Academic Policy Committee.  The Committee would require, in
addition to the petition, a memo of support from the teacher who gave the
grade, and in this case a statement from the relevant person that the
student has the LD.

I'm on this Committee, but I don't recall the issue coming up.  It may
soon, however, with a student who has enough credits to graduate, but whose
GPA isn't above a 2.0.  This student would be in exactly the position you
describe, but I don't know how the committee will react.

Ned
Ned Muhovich                                    Phone:(303)871-2455
Academic Advisor                                Fax:(303)871-3331
Center for Academic Resources                   Email: [log in to unmask]
University of Denver
Douglas Adams