Amy Hobbs from TX A&M wrote:

> I don't know if this subject has been discussed before because I am new to
> this group.  I am researching computer software for our math lab to help
> students who are not ready for College Algebra.  If you are using a program
> that you like and think might fit our needs, please reply.

Hello again fellow LRNASSTers,
If you would like a free sampler  mathematics CD-ROM called "Math at Work",
please send me your name and street address and I'll get one in the mail to
you.  One of  my colleagues has co-developed a series of three CD-ROMs that
include basic pre-algebra and beginning geometry skills taught through real
world relevant games.  The level is about 8th grade--but it has been used
with GT 5th graders and in a college beginning engineering class--so go
figure! I don't expect this to in any way replace your regular developmental
mathematics teaching, but the programs are a lot of fun (I tried them!) and
would make good supplementary material. I'll be happy to ask him to send a
sampler CD to you.

Ann-Claire Anderson
Mgr, Postsecondary Ed.
CORD Communications