Another thought about the reading speed issue and trying to increase speed
in order to "keep up"...   I think we tend to assume that having to keep up
is a given part of a college education instead of questioning if this
approach is really beneficial to students.  Of course some of us, and I'm
thinking especially nursing instructors, are forced to have students keep
up in order to pass boards or whatever.  But I'm seeing increasingly that
less is more.  This summer my developmental English students only brought
two essays to final draft, but the in-depth learning was more beneficial, I
believe, than if I had rushed them through five.

Kristy Johnson ...Teacher, Student, Sea-Monkey Breeder, Future Hiker of the
Appalachian Trail

"Tigger is all right really," said Piglet.
"Of course he is," said Christopher Robin.
"Everybody is really," said Pooh.  "That's what I think."