At 04:34 PM 8/1/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Do your institutions have a policy regarding removal of low grades in courses
>for which a learning disability is later diagnosed (e.g. foreign language,
>math, etc.)?

Do you mean final grades? If so, we did not have (yet) to close that bridge.
However, several times in the past, we allowed  students to withdraw from a
course(s) after the deadline, without academic penalties. In a few of the
cases, a LD was cited as a reason, but for most were for medical or psych. /
emotional disabilities -such as a nervous breakdown or psychotic episody.
Now that you presented that scenario, I will start thinking about it, so we
can be ready...
Thanks,
Catalina Colaci   <[log in to unmask]>
Coord.Learning Assistance Centre &
Support Services to Students with Disabilities
Yukon College
Whitehorse, Yukon   CANADA