> When taking a reading test, I teach student to first reading the
> question and then scan for the answer. What most people do is to read
> the passage, then read the question, and then scan for the answer.  The
> time spent reading the passage is a waste for locating the answer to
> most reading tests.

Exactly what I do.  And I always felt guilty (ha ha) for doing so.

  A good question is, "Does a reading test measure
> reading?"

I would say definitely not.  What it does do, however, is indicate some
notion of information processing ability, and ability to "do tests".
More feedback from some of you reading experts?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x Bev Krieger                     x
x Kwantlen University College     x
x ACP Department                  x