On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Kimberly A. McDonald wrote:
> Dear fellow LRNASSTers,
> Hope your semester is off to a great start!  I'm in the process of
> compiling information for a comparison study on the job titles, job
> descriptions, salaries, education levels, type and size of institution, etc.
> of learning assistance professionals and I'd like your input.  I know that
> there has been some discussion of this topic on the list in the past, but I
> don't recall that there was ever a compilation of data.

Kim:

     We did this sort of survey--most of the same information in a
different format--in CRLA's Learning Assistance Center Management SIG.  If
you or other listers (many are in this SIG) are interested, I can try to
learn quickly how to send Microsoft Word documents to email--that way, I
could share the two newsletters with this information to the entire
listserv.  Let me know......

                                        Jan

Jan Norton, Director
Center for Academic Support
Missouri Western State College               Phone: (816) 271-4536
4525 Downs Drive                             Email: [log in to unmask]
St. Joseph, MO  64507                        Fax: (816) 271-4574