Greetings and salutations to all!!
        I need some information that will help us in Tutorial Services to
make a decision about whether to commit precious resource dollars to
purchasing a file server which would hold all our Reading Lab and Writing
Lab software.  At the present time, we have about 25 separate software
packages that are loaded onto individual computers in the Labs.  We have
mostly Macs--but a couple of Gateways and 12 PowerMac 6100's, so the some
of the software is Macintosh compatible, and some of it is IBM compatible.
We have received some conflicting advice over the advisabilty of purchasing
a file server which would hold all software vs.just continuing to load on
individual computers.  If anybody has any experience with---or even a
strong opinion about--this dilemma, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
Anybody out there using a file server set-up?  Anybody out there who has
investigated going this route?  Thanks for your help. Please send messages
to [log in to unmask]