At my college, we have had our software networked for about 7 years and
it is working fine.  The software is accessible to all computers on the
campus.  Only occassionally does the server go down and not for very
long, but they do have a backup system for files and programs which is
very important in case of a major crash!  The cost is much more when I
buy software because I have to buy a site license and not just a single
copy.  We had nearly 22,000 student contacts last school year.  Most of
them use our computers at least some of the time.

Barbara Ice
Tomball College Learning Center

> By having more than one file server, you do not have all of your eggs
in
> one basket.  Ours is always going down.
>
> Gary Probst
>
> Lee Ann Adams wrote:
> >
> > Greetings and salutations to all!!
> >         I need some information that will help us in Tutorial
Services to
> > make a decision about whether to commit precious resource dollars to
> > purchasing a file server which would hold all our Reading Lab and
Writing