Sheila - We are still using the Nelson-Denny, Forms G and H as one of
the methods of evaluation.  I do agree with you, however, because I find
that some instructors weigh heavily on what students do on these tests.
It concerns me that students, when not timed, usually finish within the
hour and definately do better than using the timing.  The revised Stanford
Reading Test, Forms J and K, have peaked our interests.  Do you know
anything about them?  Or has onyone out in Cyberspace used both the
Stanford and the Nelson-Denny to make a comparison?