At SSU we have had two types of tutor training.  The first was on-going
sessions for the entire year.  Faculty members were invited to discuss
study techniques and how to approach their disciplines as a supplement to
the training in study skills and strategies given by the tutor supervisor.
Last year we developed a course for credit and have a nationally certified
tutor training program at three levels.  The program is growing and has
attracted tutors for community adult education as well as public school
teacher's aids. The basic course is one semester in length and then there
are lab sessions for the three levels.  I can provide more details if there
is interest.