Here at LSSU, we have a cadre of 30+ student employees in our Learning
Center: peer tutors and mentors, math and writing lab tutors, SI
leaders, student managers and receptionists.  All my student employees
share responsibilties and work together to make sure that the students who
come to use our facility receive the help and attention they need.

At the end of each school year (spring semester), I host a Learning
Center student employee recognition reception to thank all of our
dedicated student employees and honor their contributions to student
success at LSSU.  I do have a number of awards that single out tutors,
mentors, SI leaders, etc., (Most Valuable Tutor, Most Valuable Mentor,
etc.) but I also give certificates for "Years of Service," and CRLA
tutor certification certificates.  By giving each student employee a
"Years of Service" award and many of them the CRLA certification awards,
everyone walks away with a sense of worth and accomplishment.  We also give
joke awards, awards for the tutor in highest demand, jack-of-all-trades
award, situtational joke awards, etc.

With a little creativity and a cool certificate template, you can conduct
an impressive awards reception.

Heather Newburg, Learning Center Director
Lake Superior State University