The best math software I found is free.  It comes with the
Bittinger-Keedy books published by Addison Wesley.  Currently, I am
teaching a computer-assisted instructional course in developmental
mathematics and algebra.  The students use their home or work computer
to call the college learning lab.  They receive all of their instruction
by CAI.  The students only meet with me when they have a problem.  They
take their tests in the college learning lab.  This program is the best
self-instruction program I could find.  It is better than Plato.  Last
semester all of my CAI students passed the department's math tests.

Gary Probst