Dear Walt:

I did not mean to diss you.  I was in a humorious mood when I read your
memo promoting slow reading.  I received several private e-mail letters
in support of being able to improve one's reading rate due to the large
amount of reading required to "keep up."

I spend a least one hour a day  trying to read all of the information in
the fields of developmental mathematics and reading.   I read books on
human information processing and menory.  Also, I design instructional
software using ToolBook II.  There is so much information from people
all over the world who are using ToolBook II that I cannot read it all.
Enter ToolBook II on Yahoo.  I receive over 6 journals a month on
designing instructional software.

I am finding I am spending so much time reading, I do not have the time
needed to produce.  However, I cannot produce if I do not read.

Walt, I got the idea of using the term "blooming" from you.  I assumed
you defined blooming as a condition of vigor, freshness, and beauty.

This memo was sent to you only.  Have a good semester.

Gary Probst