On Tuesday, August 25, 1997, Gary Probst wrote:

I am not sure speed reading would help with the assignment I read about
in THE CAPITAL, August 25, 1997 an Annanpolis, MD newspaper.  You can
read the complete article by entering THE CAPITAL in Yahoo.

Misdshipmen getting down to business
   The Naval Academy is on the right course -- so no major changes are
in the works for new academic year.  But that doesn't mean it'll be easy
sailing fort the 4,000 midshipman in the brigade.  The demands on them
are still exacting.
   Take Midshipman 1st Class Justin Anderson of Annapolis, for example.
In addition to all his other duties, he was informed on the first day of
classes Wednesday that he'd have to read the Koran and a related Islamic
text over the weekend.
    Asked if this was a difficult task, the 21-year-old shrugged and
said, "It's what we do."