Here is the form used at GMI.

REQUEST FOR PRIVATE OR GROUP TUTORING
 ACADEMIC AFFAIRS OFFICE

YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL FIRST, PHONE SECOND.

NAME: _______________________________ SS#: ______-_____-______
SECTION     A          B

EMAIL ADDRESS: ______________________________________ LOCAL PHONE
#:___________________

GRADE LEVEL: __________________ MAJOR: ____________ ETHNIC
GROUP:____________________
        (Necessary for Statistical Data)

THESE ARE YOUR TUTORING OPTIONS:

 A) Scheduled Drop-In Sessions (Primarily for Freshman or Sophomore
Courses) Schedules will be   posted outside Academic Affairs at the
beginning of second week and Room 3-333 AB.

 B) PRIVATE  (Referral basis only), You will be expected to meet once a
week, for 1 or 2 hours   through 11th week.  In a designated room If you
miss scheduled hours you may lose your   privilege to get this service
again.  Tutors for some courses MAY NOT be available.

 C)    GROUP Tutoring, 3-5 students together request help for a class.
Each must fill out this form.

PLEASE WRITE CLASS IN WHICH YOU NEED A TUTOR:

Course Name: _______________________________________ Number &
Section____________________

To Receive Private Tutoring,You must have your Professor fill out and
sign this section.

yes     no

 []       [] Is this student in danger of failing your class. (Grade <
77)?

 []       [] Do you feel this student is making a real effort in this
course?

Professor Signature_______________________________________
Date:_______________

Recommendations:

PLEASE READ AND SIGN THE BACKSIDE OF THIS FORM.

**NO REQUESTS: Tutors will be assigned by the Academic Affairs Office.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOR OFFICE USE ONLY

 TUTOR ASSIGNMENT:   Must use rooms on third floor of the Academic
Building.

DATE   NAME    ROOM # MEET TIME PHONE #
  Tutors are provided at GMI to supplement your learning experience.
Tutors cannot work miracles.  Nor is it their responsibility to “Help
You Pass a Test”.  Learning the material and passing the class and/or
test is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

 In an effort to make your tutor sessions as useful as possible, we are
providing you with a list of your responsibilities as a tutee and our
expectations of you.  Students not meeting these
responsibilities/expectations can be denied tutoring/ please read
carefully, sign and date.

 TUTEE RESPONSIBILITIES/EXPECTATIONS

1. It is expected that you will make and keep all appointments with the
tutor.

2. You will contact the tutor if you are unable to attend a tutor
session.

3. You are expected to meet with the professor teaching the course
causing concern,  weekly or as needed.

4. You are expected to come to tutor sessions prepared:

 a) Attendance in class is primary.
 b) Read assignments.
 c) Work homework problems to the best of your ability.
 d) Bring notes from class.
 e) Bring all quizzes/tests, etc. [Optional]
 f) Have questions ready.

5. DO NOT EXPECT TUTORS TO DO YOUR WORK!

6. Use tutor sessions as supplements to:

 a) Class sessions.
 b) Professor office visits.
 c) Your efforts at learning material.

7. Inform Tutor Coordinator in the Undergraduate Academic Affairs Office
(3-322 AB - 762-5842) for the following:

 a) Tutor’s not making or keeping appointments.
 b) Tutor’s not able to help you understand the material better.
 c) ANYTHING concerning the tutor program - PLEASE LET US KNOW!

Tutee’s Signature