Hi Shirey,

We at Rider University in New Jersey (a private 4 year college) have one
course that is a floating elective of three credits that counts towards
graduation.  We have had College Reading on the books for over 20 years.
Two years ago the college agreed to have a required two credit course in
reading that would be part of the freshmen core.  Now students who place
into the required course take that during the first year of college.
Other students who place out of the required course may elect to take the
College Reading course for credit. During the second semester, many
student who have completed the two credit required course elect to take
the elective College Reading course.

If you have any other questions about curriculum, please let me know.

Jackie Simon
Director
Education Enhancement Program