true, but we know the real world, they ARE discriminated against, the
highest figures of unemployment or firings are with people with
neurological disabilities. The difference in education is the person
can get more assistance, tutoring etc, not available in the business
world.

Prof L

> I would say that in mathematics "speed/accuracy/judgment/problem solving
> skills" is mostly how what we grade on, so I guess GPA DOES say
> something you want to know  As far as people with disabilities, they are
> not suppose to be discriminated against by education or business.
>
> Sue Lorraine Lavorata wrote:
>
> > Yes, I agree in the tutoring or teaching field, you would not hire
> > one with a C-, but in the business world, it means nothing. In the
> > business world the important things are
> > speed/accuracy/judgment/problem solving skills and various
> > physical/motor skills to perform basic office functions. Obviously
> > those with neurological disabilities, regardless of how great their
> > grades were cannot perform such work. So much for GPA predicting work
> > success ina field outside of education. GPA only measures as you
> > said, how well the student met the criteria. It alsoProf L

Sue Lorraine Lavorata
E-MAIL:  [log in to unmask]