Ron et al. : I have a funny comment that may or may not be relevant to the
discussion on standardized testing. I received a MS in Education from a
major university (to remain anonymous) in 1984. When I decided to go back
for a 2nd Masters (different degree - same department) they told me I
would have to take the MAT again because I had taken it 10 years earlier.
I asked "do you think I got 'stupid' in the last 10 years??" Needless to
say that university did not get any of my hard earned money. My advisor at
the college ended up at told me there is no correlation between MAT scores
and success in grad school!? Barb S