Barb's story about the MAT reminds me of my similar experience with grad
school, about 3 years ago.

The grad school office told me basically the same thing -- that I would
have to take the MAT or the GRE to matriculate into a program and receive a
degree.

I told them that I expected a waiver, or I would look elsewhere.

I got the waiver.
                                Neal Steiger
                      NH Community Technical College
                        379 New Prescott Hill Road
                            Laconia NH  03246
                phone:  603-524-3207   fax: 603-524-8084
          "Even a planarian worm can learn."  --Eunice Cornish