>Is Research I  a major research university?

A Research I school is always a Major Research University.  It is likely
that a Research II university is an MRU.  It is always dicey when you get
to the Doc I's and Doc II's as to how these are perceived.

That's how it works in my mind.

Norman A. Stahl, Chair
Department of
Curriculum & Instruction
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL  60115

(815) 753-9032 {office}
(815) 753-9040 (FAX)

Email: [log in to unmask]