What do you do when you receive a serious complaint about a professor or
when the same complaint about a professor is repeated by several students?

At our learning center, as with most of you, I am sure, we have heard
plenty of whining about assignments, teaching styles, etc.  We have always
redirected the students to the task at hand.  However, there were rare
occasions when the complaint was so serious that the students wanted to
know the procedure and hierarchy for making a formal complaint (see the
department chair, and then, if necessary, talk to the Dean of Academic
Affairs).

We do not have a mechanism for our learning center to report complaints to
Academic Affairs because we want to maintain a good working relationship
with faculty.

How does your learning center handle complaints?