Elizabeth Bergman asked:

>What do you do when you receive a serious complaint about a professor or
>when the same complaint about a professor is repeated by several students?

>How does your learning center handle complaints?

Elizabeth, if the student is very concerned and seems to need help on an
interpersonal issue with a professor or has what amounts to an academic
disagreement with his/her instructor, then we refer the student immediately
to his/her advisor or to the dean's office.

Our staff never get involved in these kinds of grievances, although we may
empathize (or even sympathize) with the student's issues.

Karen G. Smith
Rutgers University's Learning Resource Centers
[log in to unmask]